PACKAGE MORE PROFIT ® We have an unparalleled suite of services and specialty-product divisions to help you become more efficient, effective, and profitable.
High quality sourcing solutions from all points on the globe to your door
Consulting to help customers achieve excellence in operations and accelerate growth
Proactive and reactive support to make quality a competitive advantage for you
One-stop shop for packaging innovation, from custom containers and closures to visual branding
0% financing to support the investments you need
PACKAGING RETURN AND RE-USE PROGRAMS We can manage all aspects of packaging return and reuse, from barcoding to warehousing to pick-up and delivery through product cleaning and refurbishment. See page 40 for more information.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND LOGISTICS
• We can manage your packaging and components, shipping them to you just-in-time from one of our near-site warehouses across the U.S. • Our track record of on-time delivery is unmatched. Every month for more than 15 years – more than 1.9 million shipments – we have delivered with greater than 99% on-time reliability.
WE ARE INVENTORY EXPERTS
• Plastic, glass, and metal containers, closures, and dispensing systems • Unlimited platforms from around the world • Custom and stock solutions for every application
• Millions of square feet of warehouse space • Locations across North America and Europe • ISO 9001 Certified
• Inspect and ensure quality • Reorder, expedite, and maintain proper stocking levels • Perform value-added services
• Just-in-time delivery of what you need, when you need it • Complete freight management • Unparalleled execution
EXTENSIVE CHARTER AND CAPABILITIES
PROACTIVE SUPPORT SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT
REACTIVE SUPPORT ROBUST DIAGNOSTICS • Root cause analysis • Independent testing • For-cause auditing of manufacturers
• Certifications and inspections • cGMP auditing of manufacturing and warehousing • Ongoing scorecards for quality, delivery, and service CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT • Specification review • Documentation and sampling, including: • Coordination of pre-delivery sampling and tailgate sampling • Coordination of small, lot-controlled production runs and protocol testing • Line evaluation • Regulatory support, including • CONEG/RoHS/toxics in packaging • Letters of Guarantee/Continuing Quality Guarantees • CRC protocols/documentation • FDA food contact information • Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) compliance • California Proposition 65 • Conflict Minerals verification CUSTOMER TRAINING • Overall quality program implementation • Incoming inspection and sampling plan implementation • Glass manufacturing • Food safety • REACh information • BSE/TSE information
Berlin Packaging has a dedicated division that turns quality into a competitive advantage. We are fully committed to embracing the highest standards of quality. DIVISION OVERVIEW • Dedicated staff 100% focused on quality • 100+ years of combined experience • Knowledgeable in all aspects of Quality Management, including good manufacturing practices, product AQL sampling/specifications, and root cause analysis • Hands-on industry knowledge in glass, plastic, and metal manufacturing across multiple industries, including food and beverage • Peer-to-peer relationships with Quality Managers at hundreds of manufacturing locations • Responsive to quality questions and issues • Unbiased and objective with a drive to achieve the best customer outcomes
TWO-TIER RESOLUTION PROCESS NONCONFORMING PRODUCT SERVICE REPORTS • All incidents entered regardless of the magnitude or source of the problem • Results are linked directly to our supplier scorecards CORRECTIVE ACTION REPORTS • A comprehensive, formal process for documentation, root-cause analysis, and follow-up of quality issues • All Corrective Action Reports must be approved by the Quality team leadership